Terms & Conditions
1.’The Client’ means the person, firm, company or organization making the booking. ‘The cottages’ refers to any property owned and operated by the company.
2.’The Company’ means the Dunstanburgh Castle Cottages.
3.’The Cottages’ means Dunstanburgh Castle Cottages
4. Words importing the singular number shall include the plural number; words importing the plural number shall include the singular number.
5. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions a booking is the provision by the Company either individually or by combination, of overnight accommodation, food, conference facilities and special function facilities and related services.
6. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions a booking is for the period stated on the booking form (i.e booking date), confirmation letter or email. The first date of such a period being referred to in these Terms and Conditions as the ‘Commencement Date’.
7. No booking shall be binding by the Company until it has been accepted in writing by the Company and the Company has received the Client’s deposit or written confirmation.
8. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, the price paid for the booking shall be the current price of the Company.
9. These conditions shall apply to the booking to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions and the provisions of these conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied in writing and signed by a Director of the Company. Any concession made or latitude allowed by the Company to the Client shall not affect the strict rights of the Company under these conditions. If in any particular case of these conditions shall be or held to be invalid or shall not apply to the booking the other conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
10.For corporate bookings written confirmation of the booking on the letter headed paper concerned is required.
11. Self Catering sofa beds, extra beds and cots will be charged at £30 per stay.
13. Bookings are personal to the Client and may not be assigned or transferred by the Client.
15. Tariff prices can alter without prior notice and can only be guaranteed at the time that final arrangements are confirmed or within four weeks of the date of the booking.
16.All deposits and payments are non-refundable and non transferable and can be paid by, Credit Card (Master Card, Visa) Debit Card (Switch or Delta). We do not accept American Express or cheques.
In the event of a no show by 10pm on the date of arrival (without prior arrangement), your cottage will be released and you will lose your deposit and any other monies paid.
Payment of accounts
17. Balance of room accounts are payable in full by the Client one month prior to arrival or at the time booking if that is within one month of arrival. All late charges and damages will be charged to the credit card supplied.
18.1 By the Client: Bookings may only be cancelled by the Client by giving notice to the Company and on cancellation the following terms will apply as from receipt of written confirmation by the Company of cancellation. In the event of a no show the full charge will be raised and all subsequent nights cancelled at 10pm on first day of arrival. These conditions may be waived in part or in full at the discretion of the manager.
18.2 By the Company. The company may cancel the Event by public authority if the cottages or any part of it is closed or damaged due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control
20 Full prepayment will be taken and the time of booking and is non refundable or transferable.
21. We strongly advise that insurance is taken out. Details of this insurance can be provided by contacting your insurance company or the Company. (Tel: 01665 576368)
22: When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you, your dog or a member of your party. Full payment for such damage must be paid at the time to the company. If you fail to do so you will be responsible for meeting all future costs including legal costs as a result of your actions. The company reserves the right to terminate your stay at any point as a result of misconduct and it is not the obligation of the company to pay compensation or meet any cost as a result of your stay being terminated.
23. The Client must obtain the Hotel’s prior written agreement to the use of all materials (‘Equipment’) brought to the hotel by themselves or by a third party. Equipment must comply with any current regulations enforced at the time. The Client agrees to pay the Company’s charges for any and all electricity used in connection with the Equipment that are additional to those normally expected, i.e., heating, lighting and small electrical equipment e.g., computers, faxes. The Company does not accept responsibility for the Client’s Equipment. No incendiary/explosive devices or fireworks may be brought within the cottages or cottage grounds.
22. Clients who wish to bring a dog to the Cottages must inform the Company prior to arrival. Dogs are charged at £30 per dog per stay and should not be be allowed on beds or furniture. Any damage will be charged at the full replacement cost.
23. All sums stated in these conditions are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate that (if applicable) will be charged by the Company and payable by the Client.
24.The Company shall not be liable for any costs, claims, damages or expenses arising out of any negligence or any act or omission or any breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income production or accruals or any other consequential loss of whatsoever nature.
24a. Any persons who contract covid 19 whilst a guest of the hotel and have to self isolate within their cottage will incur full cost of the loss of business to the Company.
Default or insolvencies of the client
25.If the Client shall be in breach of any of its obligations under these conditions or if the Buyer shall commit any act of bankruptcy or if any bankruptcy petition be presented against him or (if the Client is a Company) if any resolution or petition to wind up such company be passed or presented or if the receiver, administrative receiver or administrator of the whole or any part of such company’s undertaking property or assets shall be appointed the Company in its discretion and without prejudice to any other right or claim may, by notice in writing, determine wholly or in part any and every booking between the Company and the Client.
Limitation of liability
26. The aggregate liability of the Company (whether in contract or for negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever) to the Client for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed the price of the booking.
27. No statement, description, information, warranty, condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Company’s agents or employees shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these conditions.
28. The Company shall be entitled to delay or cancel the booking if and to the extent that it is prevented from or hindered in or delayed in providing the booking through any circumstances beyond its control including (but not limited to) strikes, accidents, lock outs, war fire reduction in or unavailability of power at manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage unavailability of raw materials from normal sources of supply.
33. The booking shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be deemed to have been made in England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.